Input / Output
Webcam, NDI and audio input and multi-window output, for displaying on multiple displays.
Audio feature analysis provided by Meyda. FFT banding is a thing of the past! Use math expressions and time-domain smoothing to modify the incoming value in real-time. Automatic BPM detection and tap-tempo are also available.
Save and load presets with modV's built-in Media Manager. Create projects to organise modules, presets, images, videos and color palettes!
Assign any Module property to an audio feature, MIDI note or CC, or create a Tween to animate the property.
Mixing and Compositing
Route, blend, pipe and control opacity per module and group. Re-arrange modules or groups via drag and drop UI.
Code your own Modules
Check out our upcoming workshops to learn more about modV
We have no upcoming workshops right now. Please register interest for our next workshop at https://visualandlightworkshop.com/ (opens new window)
- Modular Audio Visualisation with modV @ JSConf Mexico - Online.
- CODAME ART+TECH Festival - Online.
- Visual & Light Workshop @ Dunarnia - Szentendre, Hungary.
Thank you to:
- Hugh Rawlinson, Nevo Segal and Jakub Fiala for the incredible audio analysis engine, meyda (opens new window)
- Dario Villanueva (opens new window) for his advice and introduction to live visuals which inspired this project
- Tim Pietrusky (opens new window) & family for the bi-yearly modV hackday
- Live:JS (opens new window) for inspiration, motivation and advice
- Charles J. Cliffe for BeatDetektor (opens new window)
- All the wonderful contributors to modV (opens new window)